I thought I would do a post on Bulgaria just for fun!
Bulgaria is located here:
- The official language is Bulgarian and the Cyrillic alphabet is used.
- Ethnicity: Bulgarian - 85%, Turkish - 9%, Roma - 5%, forty other ethnic groups make up the remaining 1%
- Population: over 7 Million
- Number of children living in orphanages: around 8,000
- Number of children adopted from Bulgaria to USA in 2011: 75
|Aren't they beautiful! I love the dark hair and eyes, and the olive skin!|
Every child’s story is unique. Every child has a story of loss. Every child is in need of permanent loving parents and a home.
Children available for international adoption are between ages 1-15 (with most at least 3 years of age). Special needs and healthy children are available. About half of the children in orphanages come from the Roma ethnicity (although Roma are only 5% of the total population). Bulgaria first tries to place children with Bulgarian families before they are available for international adoption. Because of prejudice against the Roma, most Bulgarians due not want to adopt Roma children. Therefore, most likely, we will be adopting Bulgarian children of Roma ethnicity.
To find out more about why we chose to adopt from Bulgaria, click the "Why" tab and scroll to the bottom half of the page.
The picture of the children!! So sweet!ReplyDelete