Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 2 with M.

We have been gone to Bulgaria for 2 weeks! Now that we are home, I will be blogging all about our trip. Click theses links if you would like to first read about our trip to Bulgaria. We first spent 5 days meeting our daughter E, then 5 days with our son M. You can read here about meeting our son M.

From October 25:

Maybe it was the falling snow that lifted my mood, or maybe it was an encouraging email that I received from my friend V.  or maybe it was the cold medicine I was taking and a good nights sleep, or maybe it was looking forward to spending time with M. himself. But I was definitely over my blue mood.


Beautiful snow began to fall!
Our second day with M. was cold and snowy. We picked M. up from his foster parent's home and spent our day in the hotel room again. We played Playdough, Old Maid, Go Fish, Crazy 8, and batted around the balloon. We brought a box of K'Nex that makes an airplane. He was excited about the airplane but found it difficult to build, so we helped him. We really just enjoyed getting to know each other and M.'s personality, sense of humor, and hearing his laughter. We need more laughter in our home and I think M. will definitely bring that!

We spent the first 3 days visiting with M. in our hotel room!

We also discovered M. is very affectionate! I think he is making up for years of not having affection. He wanted to hug and kiss and kiss and kiss!

In the evening, we drove M. back to his foster home. The snow was beautiful. We didn't go in because of the snow and needing to drive back to our hotel while the roads were still okay. I was a little worried we would have trouble picking up M. the next day for our visit. 

The early snow on grapes on the vines in M.'s foster family's garden. 

The story continues about our 3rd day with M. here.

I know you all want to see pictures of our handsome son. However, I won't be sharing any pictures publicly on the internet. In order to be allowed to take pictures with M., we had to sign papers saying we wouldn't publish his name or photos online.

No comments:

Post a Comment